Lots of companies do what you do - so how can you convince potential customers that you do it better?
The home service market is flush with providers, and if you want to stand out from your competition, you’ve got to start by figuring out your unique value proposition (UVP). You know you’re good at your job, but you might not have spent a lot of time considering what makes you unique, different, and better than other service providers. If you haven’t figured out your UVP, it’s time to start!
Here’s what you need to know:
What is a UVP?
It’s a clear, concise, compelling statement that communicates the unique benefits your products or services bring to your customers.
Why Do I Need One?
Your UVP differentiates you from the countless other service providers in your field. It speaks to your customers’ needs, addresses their problems, and convinces them that YOUR company is the solution. A solid UVP can also improve your conversion rates by convincing potential leads that you are clearly the right person for the job.
How Do I Create a UVP?
- Get to know your audience and the challenges they are facing. Research their buying behavior so that you can tailor your UVP to address their pain points and speak to their wants and needs.
- Highlighting the features of your product and services is easy, but it’s not enough to convince consumers to choose your company! Emphasizing the benefits that your company provides and showing your leads how you can change their lives for the better is far more likely to land the sale.
- Use simple, succinct language that resonates with your audience and clearly conveys your message.
Identify your unique angle and be clear on what sets you apart from your competition. It might be your years of experience, your many awards and accolades, or your unbeatable pricing, but it’s always important to highlight your competitive edge!
- Use language that evokes feelings and aspirations so that you can connect with your customers on an emotional level. Use your message to paint a picture of the home and lifestyle they’ve been dreaming about.
- Back up your statement with facts. Include numbers, statistics, and other quantifiable terms to add to your credibility and authority.
- Be authentic. YOU are what makes your company unique, and your UVP should be a genuine reflection of your brand and what you deliver.
Your UVP is the cornerstone of your marketing strategy. It tells customers who you are, what you do, and why you’re amazing! A UVP is the statement that you want your brand identity to make, so take some time to think about what truly sets your home service company apart.
Need help creating a compelling UVP that makes you stand out in the crowd? Resonetrics has got you covered! Visit www.resonetrics.com to learn more!
Or email Tamar Arslanian with a quick question.